Soup Joumou Ayisyen an poud | Haitian Squash Soup Powder
100% Joumou ayisyen | 100 % squash from Haiti
1 packet of 120 oz of squash
- Prepare 3 1/2 litters of meat and vegetable broth.
- Mix 1 pack of Joumou ayisyen in 1/2 liter of the broth and pour the mixture in the rest of the broth.
- Flavor with a bouquet of mix of green pepper and two heads of celery.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add some vegetables as you wish (turnip, carrot, cabbage, ect.)
- (Cook for 15 minutes.)
Out of stock
Squash Soup (Soup Joumou) History:
Haitian slaves were not allowed to have this delicious and aromatic Squash soup, a favorite of French slave masters. On Sunday, January 1, 1804, when they gained their freedom, they celebrated with music and food in the Place d’Armes, in the city of Gonaives. And what better way to celebrate than to eat the very thing they were unable to eat as slaves? Nowadays it doesn’t matter where in the world a Haitian might be on January 1—they will be having the soup of freedom.
This Product is made in Cap-Haitian, Haiti
|Dimensions||1 × 1 × 1 in|